Multi-currency e-wallet design and implementation
In the world of increasingly seamless cross-border digital payment service demand, a global bank contracted us to help them design and develop a new multi-currency wallet. This was part of a joint venture with a large international marketplace to enhance its online sellers’ payment options. Our client also wanted to develop a multi-currency wallet for its existing small business customers to allow real-time payments in 63 currencies using distributed ledger technology.
The project strategy was based on a multi-phased approach, to run in parallel with business and IT analysis and development workstreams. Working in collaboration with the client’s teams and stakeholders, our business architect and analysis team delivered the following:
- Business requirements and conceptual proposition design
- Competitor analysis for creation of ‘must-have’ product features and product roadmap
- Product functionality as intended for the user and the business
- Product approval from all of the client’s risk stewards
- A target operating model design that was embedded into business-as-usual
The solution and key benefits
The outcome of this project was a comprehensive Go-To-Market strategy, which consisted of the creation of requirements gathering with full traceability, the development of the product governance framework (using JIRA), the development of the business case and the design of a target operating model which was embedded into the business.
The client was able to successfully launch the multi-currency wallet across multiple markets including Singapore, UK and Malaysia, with more markets in the pipeline.