Point of Sale (POS) finance opportunity assessment and strategy definition
A tier one global bank had explored opportunities within their leveraging services and contracted us to evaluate the potential benefits within the Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) vertical. The client required the production of customer-led use cases that emphasised the impact POS had on sales revenue in order to assess whether this was a valuable direction in which to go, and whether there were any direct impacts for the business should they choose to implement.
Utilising our robust market research and analytical frameworks, we delivered the following activities:
- Extensive market research and identification of market size and dynamics
- Identification of key drivers of value for the bank
- Identification of relevant technology providers and merchants offering POS lending products within the market
- Supporting the client in proposition definition and mapped/mocked-up customer journeys
- Business case modelling to assess value of the opportunity
- Identification of a preferred technology provider to deliver on multiple merchants and markets and support on commercial negotiation for platform costs
The solution and key benefits
The external market analysis – both from a business and technology point of view – along with the definition of most relevant customer journeys helped to model an end-to-end business case which demonstrated increased revenues, margin and strong return on investment for the client.
We carried out an impact assessment of different POS finance solutions which provided the client with clarity on potential impacts for the business and recommendations on how these could be mitigated by introducing remedial solutions. We also led the implementation of the POS finance solution by identifying and mapping the necessary technology changes required for implementation.