MI and reporting process improvements
Our charity partner, West London Zone (WLZ), specialise in providing social, emotional and academic support to children within West London, so fundraising and donations are key to their success. They approached Be UK to help document and optimise their donor journey processes and improve the efficacy of their MI and reporting systems.
We split this project into four key workstreams: 1) assessing existing fundraising processes; 2) analysing existing MI reports; 3) developing a report architecture; and 4) embedding new reporting and fundraising processes as business-as-usual.
The project involved:
- Conducting employee interviews to highlight the key pain points within WLZ’s donor journey and reporting processes
- Ranking the pain points based on severity to the business in order to design a new target operating model for WLZ’s fundraising team
- Workshops with key stakeholders to understand their MI and reporting requirements, enabling us to produce business process maps documenting the year-long donor journey processes
- Reviewing WLZ’s MI and reporting architecture and producing detailed standing operating procedures, to aid efficiencies and leadership team decision making
- Designing a Salesforce development roadmap for WLZ to take forward with third party developers to optimise their use of the system and improve their MI reporting capabilities and processes
The solution and key benefits
This project transformed WLZ’s donor journey processes and reporting, enabling the function to provide more detailed, accurate MI and in a more efficient and structured manner.
The introduction of strategic business management tools, reporting templates and the standing operating procedures guidance documentation will enable WLZ to effectively deploy our recommendations.
Kate Dolleymore, Head of Fundraising, West London Zone: “The excellent team at Be UK worked with us on a project to better understand our reporting structures, processes and any gaps that existed within these. They also supported us to define the journey we take donors on and producing a guide for our team, which will enable us to standardise the donor experience. We were so impressed with the professionalism and thought that went into each session we had with them. Be UK gave us the future planning tools and processes we needed to proceed with improving our systems, as well as practical and clear solutions to the challenges we were facing. This project has enabled us to better manage our donors, and ultimately raise more money for children and young people. Thank you to the motivated and dedicated team at Be UK!”