Outsourcing of an issuing and acquiring platform to a third-party provider
A leading European bank sought to migrate its issuing and acquiring platform to a third-party platform, and to launch a new debit card. We were contracted to define and plan the overall platform migration and launch the debit card, together with the definition of the target platform and value-added services in accordance with the bank’s requirements.
We carried out all the end-to-end activities of our data migration framework, from migration strategy design to test strategy and implementation, constantly liaising with the business and IT functions of the client, to deploy a seamless and effective transition. Throughout the project, we:
- Defined the overall acquiring migration, including POS, E-commerce and ATMs
- Defined business requirements and developed a strategic framework to migrate credit and prepaid cards to the new processor
- Developed a migration tool with daily monitoring of card activations
- Provided functional support to internal software house for the creation of new web page and smartphone application
- Prepared a test book and monitored the test outcomes
- Presented progress, key actions and results to the Steering Committee.
The solution and key benefits
We ensured that both the issuing and the acquiring platforms were migrated successfully, within the agreed timeframe and without challenge from any stakeholder involved. The new debit card was successfully launched after the completion of user acceptance testing and pilot tests. The client’s internal team were able to handle services autonomously as we undertook a successful knowledge transfer.